The American Bankers Association is the banking industry's champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale - ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for executing the multi-channel marketing strategy to gain new member banks, retain existing member banks and engage members with ABA’s resources. Works with VP of Marketing and the SVP of Membership to develop the overall strategy.
Also responsible for helping to execute the marketing strategy for ABA endorsed solutions, working with VP of Marketing, other marketing staff, Communications, ABA Endorsed Solutions product management team, ABA partners, and Membership to plan, analyze, and implement successful multi-channel marketing strategies and tactical programs to increase awareness and consideration of the ABA Membership and endorsed solutions offerings.
• Develop, maintain, and drive prioritization of all marketing and communications campaign activities for ABA’s membership organization and develop KPIs to assess campaign success. Marketing channels include direct mail, email, social media, digital marketing, and event marketing. Project manage all activities and develop and adapt marketing plan to measure effectiveness against key goals using financial and data driven insights to inform marketing decisions.
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Membership and across ABA to develop content and messaging for proposed marketing and communications campaigns to support ABA’s membership organization; drive approval process for campaigns with key ABA leadership; develop supportive marketing strategy and materials.
• Develop and manage a marketing budget for the ABA membership campaign that align effort and spend with ABA membership goals.
• Develop and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns (Web, email, mobile, events, social media etc.) that are creative and easy to understand to increase awareness and consideration of the ABA’s endorsed solutions. Manage creative development process by providing very clear directives at the beginning and constructive feedback throughout.
• Measure marketing effectiveness of Endorsed Solutions through quarterly reporting and communicate progress against goals using Salesforce, Eloqua, Google Analytics, and other data measurement tools to inform marketing decisions.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related discipline.
• 5-8 years of marketing experience, experience working within a B2B environment and/or services or solutions-oriented businesses strongly preferred.
• Must be organized, motivated, flexible, and able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; interacts effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels within the organization, as well as with outside partners.
• Ability to learn quickly and synthesize competitive information on an ongoing basis to inform marketing strategy.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Strong editing skills.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Outlook required; Experience with Eloqua, Salesforce and Google Analytics preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and experience managing a budget.
• Ability to travel (<20%).
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
The American Bankers Association is the united voice of America’s hometown bankers—small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million women and men, hold nearly $17 trillion in assets, safeguard $12.8 trillion in deposits and extend more than $9 trillion in loans. ABA believes that government policies should recognize the industry’s diversity. Laws and regulations should be tailored to correspond to a bank’s charter, business model, hometown markets and risk profile. This policymaking approach avoids the negative economic consequences of burdensome, unsuitable and inefficient bank regulation. Through a broad array of information, training, staff expertise and other resources, ABA supports America’s hometown bankers as they perform their critical role as drivers of America’s economic growth and job creation.