Responsible for designing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive marketing and fan engagement plans to include, but not limited to, games and events, half-time entertainment, special events, student activation and engagement and improving overall school spirit and participation. Market the Athletic Department events, generating regional and national exposure. Fulfill sponsor activation and oversee community outreach initiatives. This position will oversee all Athletic Department social media efforts, and provide and implement a plan for all department and individual sports needs through various social media accounts. The director will also oversee the graphic design needs for the department.
1. Marketing/Fan Engagement: Create and implement yearly marketing and fan experience plans. Create and execute ticket promotions to increase attendance/revenue at games. Oversee community outreach initiatives.
2. Social Media: Coordinate & manage the department’s social media accounts. Implement a yearly plan to best promote the athletic department and all 16 teams. Daily oversight of the social media calendar and strategy.
3. In-Game Coordination: Schedule in-game entertainment for all six ticketed sports. Prepare game scripts, ensure fulfillment of sponsor agreements, hire and prepare public address announcer, and hire game staff that will assist in the execution of the in-game promotion plans. Supervisor for game-day staff.
4. Event Coordination: Coordinate & manage special events throughout the year; for each event, determine the event needs and follow through with minimal supervision; schedule speakers/emcee, reserve location, assist in determining the menu, coordinate site set up, and event promotions.
5. Lead designing, producing and distributing promotional materials; including posters, flyers, schedule cards, schedule magnets, digital signage and other promotional pieces.
6. Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the College and its employees, and the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (including, but not limited to, NCAA Bylaw, Article 11 and its requirement to report all athletically-related income and benefits from sources outside of the College to the President) and of the West Coast Conference as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Supervise and ensure that any assistants and any other employees and/or volunteers for whom you are administratively responsible comply with the aforesaid policies, rules and regulations. Immediately advise the Director of Athletics if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
Please contact Ryan Reggiani for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Saint Mary’s College AthleticsThe Saint Mary’s Department of Athletics sponsors 16 NCAA Division I championship sports with nearly 300 student-athletes that compete in the West Coast Conference. The Gaels boast 22 combined WCC championships and 34 NCAA Tournament appearances in their history. The men’s basketball program is the winningest program in California over the last decade and has won or shared four of the last seven WCC titles, recently advanced to the first round of the NCAA Tournament in 2019. The women’s basketball team has won 20 games for seven straight years, and the College annually ranks among the leaders in the WCC Commissioner’s Cup, including a second-place finish a year ago and a third-place finish this year.