· Manage, develop and implement all marketing and promotional efforts for assigned sports including student and community outreach, game day atmosphere and hospitality. · Assist in the implementation of marketing plans for football, men’s and women’s basketball. · Coordinate on-court/field, pre-game, half-time and post-game entertainment and music for various varsity sports programs. · Coordinate community outreach efforts to involve groups throughout the area. · Assist in the execution of corporate sponsorships contracts. · Assist in the development and growth of group sales campaign for various varsity sports programs. · Assist in the development and implementation of single game promotions to increase revenues. · Assist in the training of student and volunteer staff · Coordinate game day planning and promotions for various varsity sports programs. · Work with the placement of multimedia advertising for various varsity sports programs. · Serve as the Donation Request Coordinator for the marketing department. · Assist in the development of printed materials (i.e. posters, schedule cards, season ticket brochures, etc.). · Assist in the promotion of events and ticket packages via social media. · Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrate experience in marketing or sales.
· Knowledge of ACC and NCAA rules and regulations as pertains to duties of position.
· Proficiency in computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop or InDesign or a similar program and other relevant software.
· Proficiency with social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision while achieving established goals.
· Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
· Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina. Duke is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference and sponsors 27 varsity sports, Recreation and Physical Education and the Duke University Golf Club.