The Manager of Paid Media and Direct Marketing will serve as a key strategy lead within the department, partnering with units across the University to help meet their enrollment and reputational goals through thoughtful integrated marketing strategies.
This is an opportunity for someone with strong digital marketing skills to join a dynamic team generating real results. In addition to creating paid media strategy, the manager will supervise one paid media/direct marketing strategist as well as student employees, monitor campaigns run through media vendors and work with internal creative and copywriting teams to ensure high-quality, timely creation of campaign assets.
The successful candidate will bring a data-driven approach to developing and optimizing campaigns and should have significant experience successfully planning and implementing digital marketing strategies such as paid search, programmatic display, and paid social ads. Proficiency with Google Analytics and UTM code implementation is also desired. This role will report to the Sr. Director, Marketing Research and Media Planning.
·3 years of relevant experience in marketing and vendor management.
·Significant experience planning and optimizing paid digital advertising campaigns.
· Experience working collaboratively with a creative team to ensure high quality, timely completion of campaign assets.
· Ability to understand and manipulate large sets of data.
· Experience managing marketing vendors to achieve campaign goals.
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements.
· Experience using digital marketing and reporting systems such as Google Analytics
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others.
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communication or other related field.
Ohio University is home to one of the nation’s friendliest and most picturesque campuses. But more importantly, it’s where you can become part of a two-century tradition of excellence and embark upon a rewarding career that will make a real difference. From teaching and research to admissions, facilities maintenance, and residence life, our faculty and staff propel Ohio University’s mission of helping students become their best selves. OHIO offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. For a complete list of employment opportunities, please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity affirmative action institution. For more information about Ohio University’s policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, visit www.ohio.edu/equity.