This is a temporary position involving various duties that permit exposure to the intern's field of work and/or provide experience that is a useful addition to the education and meaningful preparation for future professional employment.
Under immediate direction and under work guidance of staff, assists and supports organization in development of various projects. Typical duties: prepares spreadsheets with data interpretation; performs related duties in support of project efforts (e.g. design, monitoring, data extraction, research and reporting) in areas of performance monitoring, outcomes and compliance with policies and rules; provide support with project meetings (schedule project meetings, assist with project documentation, document meeting minutes, and project action/task items); create/analyze process workflows to increase efficiency with cross-functional divisions and/ departments; analyzing data trends, creating reports; creates and maintains files; drafts internal correspondence; performs general and/or clerical duties as assigned. etc.
What you will need:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong attention to detail.
Computer proficiency; ability to work with and understand web based platforms and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to work with cross-functional partners developing positive working relationships
Strong organizational skills, particularly time management and prioritization
Performance driven, results orientated
Ability and willingness to travel
Completing a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in Marketing, Healthcare, Engineering or similar discipline.
Must be enrolled in a Dutch University or registered with a Dutch University, for the duration of the internship (min. 6 months)
Available for 40 hours of work per week
Valid work permit to take up an internship in the Netherlands
Fluent spoken and written English. Any other European language is a plus
Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills - especially Excel and PowerPoint
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK