This position will be responsible for helping develop and maintain all of Walker’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Will evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implement marketing plan changes as needed. Will oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities.
1. Responsible for the marketing of company products and services to the right market.
2. Demonstrate technical marketing skills and company product knowledge.
3. Develop an annual marketing plan in conjunction with the sales department. This should detail the years’ activity to meet agreed company objectives.
4. Manage all brand activity, trademark/wordmark, packaging graphics and specifications
5. Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services.
6. Oversee firm’s electronic marketing efforts including supervision of Web site design and maintenance
7. Conduct market research to identify market requirements for current and future products.
8. Develop and implement a company-wide plan to push product, working with all departments for its execution.
1. Manage the marketing budget.
2. Deliver marketing activity within agreed budget.
3. Create marketing presentations
4. Monitor industry best practices.
5. Because of the changing nature of our business, this job description will inevitably change. The employee will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within his/her capabilities as directed by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. 2 – 5 years of marketing experience within Automotive parts &/or Aftermarket parts industry
2. Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
3. Willingness to travel and work with a global team.
4. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
2-5 years of Marketing experience within Automotive parts &/or Aftermarket parts industry
About Walker Products
Walker Products began supplying the fuel system needs of the automotive industry in 1946. Today Walker is one of the largest, privately owned manufacturers of fuel system components and engine management sensors. We have five manufacturing locations: Garden Grove, California, two in Western Colorado: Fruita and Grand Junction, one in Palmetto, FL and one in Pacific, Missouri.
We serve major Original Equipment Manufacturers, Co-manufacturers, Rebuilders and Retail customers in the fuel, engine management and exhaust markets worldwide.
Our product offerings include:
• Carburetion Repair Kits and Accessories
• Fuel Injection Repair Kits and Accessories
• Oxygen Sensors
• Engine Management Devices – including ACT Sensors, ECT Sensors, Cam & Crankshaft Position Sensors, EGR Valve Position Sensors, EGR Valve Pressure Sensors, MAP Sensors, MAF Sensors, Throttle Position Sensors, EGR Valves, IAC Motors, TABPV, Fuel Pressure Regulators, TBI & Port Fuel Injectors and Fuel Seal Repair Kits
• Ignition Wire Sets and Ignition Coils
We are committed to supplying products manufactured to meet or exceed OEM standards and specifications. This effort is backed by our own manufacturing, ...product management and engineering staff to ensure it is maintained and accurate in the production of quality parts, vehicle applications, instruction sheets and technical support.