The VP of Marketing, for Gaylord Hotels is the marketing leader for the brand. Gaylord is a $1.5B brand and it has unique group and transient needs unlike traditional hotel brands. Each property produces 2 major events each year in which more than 1 million people attend – SummerFest and Christmas/ICE that require specialized omni-channel marketing . In addition, each property also has distinctive attractions like Soundwaves (waterpark) that also require an omni-channel marketing strategy. This leader is responsible for setting and delivering marketing strategies to support Gaylord Hotels, Seasonal Events/Entertainment and Attractions. The incumbent will lead the Gaylord Brand Marketing team and hotel marketing teams. There are currently 50 marketing associates including the on-property teams. There are 5 property Directors as well as the Brand Marketing team that includes an in-house creative team and CRM team. This leader will also be required to work closely with Gaylord ownership on strategy and research initiatives designed to support the portfolio and its future growth.
This leader will ensure the marketing organization is delivering full funnel marketing & digital plans that meet the major events and business targets of the hotels while providing the appropriate “pull through” of corporate marketing & digital strategies, programs, processes, and initiatives for the benefit of individual Gaylord hotels. This role is responsible for growing and maintaining the operational and financial infrastructure as well as the culture and engagement of the team to ensure the delivery of best in class marketing for the brand. This position will partner closely with corporate leadership and cross functional teams of marketing, digital and PR to name a few to ensure the Gaylord brand is fully leveraging Marriott’s marketing engine.
Education and Experience
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required. Graduate degree in marketing or equivalent preferred.
· 10 years of Hotel/Hospitality experience is required in the areas of continent/field marketing, digital/e-commerce, sales, revenue management or related experience demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
· Broad marketing & digital leadership experience in multiple environments
· Strong track record of leadership and delivering tangible results
· Experience leading and managing large-scale, initiatives and managing associated change.
· Ability to manage the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders including hotel ownership
Key Skills and Experiences
· Skilled in organizational and operational design and implementation
· Adept financial skills and P&L experience
· Strong expertise in digital/ecommerce and experience working on digital programs and initiatives
· Knowledge of social media platforms and implications for successful marketing strategies
· Understanding of what is important to multiple stakeholder groups (e.g. owners, GM’s, leadership, global/corporate discipline partners etc.
· Strong relationship-building skills and negotiation skills.
· Superior leadership skills.
· Superior communication skills and building bridges across diverse stakeholder groups. Proven team building skills with experience in developing talent and building new teams to meet organizational demands.
· Ability to offer quick analysis for decision-making within a general context.
· Expert knowledge of lodging industry dynamics including demand drivers.
· Proven ability to execute multiple projects flawlessly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. For immediate consideration, please go to Marriott’s resume posting site at http://www.marriott.com/careers and post your resume on our site. Please include the following ad code on your resume and in the field requestedon our site to be considered for this job. Job # 19104586 EOE M/F/V/D
Internal Number: 19104586
About Marriott International, Inc.
Explore and grow with Marriott
Discover the power of belonging. At Marriott, we feel it every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. If this sounds right to you, join us, and find the place that’s right for you.